Communication and Information Program
The program aims at providing services for the dissemination of program and project information. Dissemination of information can really help in influencing government policies and public opinion on community based forest management system and sustainable development of natural resources.
To achieve the program objective, the program has implemented the following main activities:
a). Management and organisation of institutional database for easy access internally and externally for various purposes related with advocacy and empowerment activities
b). Provision of any assistance related with Geographic Information System and maps for internal and external purposes related with advocacy and empowerment activities.
c). Conduct campaign to influence various related stakeholders on issues related with the management, threats, potentials of natural resources, and the life space and livelihoods of the community
d). Provision of various information concerning the management, threats, potentials of natural resources, and renewable life space and livelihoods of the community
e). Provision of various training activities on GIS, mapping, campaign, information/project and program writing for internal as well as external purposes.
f). Provision of good quality photos, graphic design, and film production to support empowerment activities and achievement of the missions and vision of the organisation.
1. Spatial analysis and mapping of targeted areas
2. Periodic analysis and mapping of forest and land fires
3. Periodic analysis and mapping of land use of targeted areas
4. Periodic campaign on natural resource management, threats and challenges via various media
5. Establish strong relationship with local, national and international media
6. Campaign on protection of life sources and space of Marginalised Indigenous People through various media
7. Documentation of community activities and Warsi activities
8. Periodic issuance of Alam Sumatera bulletin
9. Management of Benor FM Radio, Orang Rimba community radio
10. Development of village micro space application
11. Together with Rainforest Connection and google, Warsi uses Artificial Intelligence technology in providing support to the community in facing illegal logging 2019
1. Spatial review and maps of beneficiary areas made available
2. Forest and land fire assessment and maps made available
3. Periodic land use assessment and maps of beneficiary areas made available
4. Information on natural resource management disseminated
5. Information on community based natural resource management disseminated
6. Information on the life of Marginalized Indigenous People disseminated through various media
7. Documentation of community activities and Warsi activities made available
8. Alam Sumatera bulletin published on periodic basis
9. Benor FM Radio broadcast every day
10. Micro Zonation Mapping application made available
11. Data on monitoring of illegal activities in nagari forest areas in West Sumatra made available
12. Information on ongoing Warsi activities disseminated to various mass media
13. Information on Warsi disseminated through website and social media.
Jl. Inu Kertapati No.12, Pematang Sulur
Telanaipura, Jambi City
Jambi Province, 36124