Policy and Advocacy Program
The program aims at advocating for government policy that supports Community-Based Forest Management practices and sustainable natural resource development.
To meet the objective, the program has managed the following activities:
a) To conduct advocacy on policies that are related with the programs implemented by KKI WARSI
b) To conduct policy research and analysis concerning natural resource management and community
c) To provide support for the implementation of project and program in achieving advocacy and policy related objectives.
d) To provide support for the implementation of internal and external training on advocacy and policy
e) To develop lessons learnt from policy advocacy that enable the achievement of community based forest management.
1. Periodic analysis of Forestry Policies in Indonesia
2. Advocacy for the protection of indigenous people’s sources of livelihood in concession areas
3. Advocacy for the protection of remaining forest areas in TNKS buffer zones
1. Advocacy for the protection and recognition of indigenous people
2. Advocacy for the simplification of application for social forestry management permit
3. Advocacy on forest and land fire control
4. Rationalisation of Bukit Tigapuluh National Park 2003-2008
5. Portrait of Jambi Forests (February 2004 – December 2004)
6. Batanghari Watershed Bio Region Management (September 2002 – December 2006)
1. Legal review/opinion on forestry policy in Indonesia in place
2. Regulation of the Minister of Environment and Forestry Number 83 of 2016 on Social Forestry enacted
3. Bungo District Regulation Number 3 of 2006 on Datuk Sinaro Putih Indigenous People enacted
4. Merangin District Regulation Number 8 of 2016 on the Recognition and Protection of Serampas Indigenous people enacted
5. Jambi Provincial Regulation Number 2 of 2016 on the Prevention and Control of Forest and Land Fire enacted
6. Recommendations from Jambi and Riau Governors issued for the rationalisation of Bukit Tigapuluh National Park.
7. Data on changes of forest cover area in Jambi made available 1990-2000-2004
8. Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the bioregional management of Batanghari Watershed signed between the Government of West Sumatra and Jambi Provinces
9. Data and maps available
Jl. Inu Kertapati No.12, Pematang Sulur
Telanaipura, Jambi City
Jambi Province, 36124